Help:About STNE Wiki
From STNE Wiki
|Contents | STNE | Colonies | Buildings | Goods | NPC | Ships | Stellar Cartography | Research | Trade | Combat | Settler | Alliances | Index|
This wiki is for the documentation, discussion and development of the English-language version of Space Trek: The New Empire (STNE) (launched May 11, 2009), the online role-playing browser game. It has been kindly hosted by the game administration since its creation (on August 4, 2010).
All textual content of STNE-Wiki is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License (CC-BY-SA) and the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL), except for pages that explicitly state that their contents are in the public domain. See copyrights for full details.
What STNE-Wiki is
- STNE-Wiki is only about STNE
- STNE-Wiki has a single purpose: to enhance the STNE game. At the moment, this site is still in its start-up phase. Much more work is required before it will become a fully-functional wiki. Most of the data required can be found in the STNE documentation itself. However, this site will benefit greatly when the large amount of information already located on the German-language STNE site has been translated and entered here as well. Once we develop a core group of wiki-contributors, we will be better able to plan our strategy for accomplishing these tasks.
- Even though there are some pages here in other languages, English is the main language on this site. Translation efforts are greatly needed.
- STNE-Wiki is solely for the documentation of the STNE game
- Main Page is the front door for STNE gameplay content. This is the wiki's area for documenting game contols, game mechanics, game rules, and game-engine eccentricities. It is the most fact-based area within the wiki.
- Folk:Main Page is the directory of folklore pages in the wiki. It includes the storylines, people, organizations, and species which flavor STNE gameplay. While this area is a fiction-based area, its content is limited to providing neutral background information which "flavors" our role-playing game environment.
- Alliance:Main Page is the directory of wiki pages for active player alliances. This is a much more lively area, where group gamesmanship becomes obvious. The pages included in the "Alliance" namespace provide alliance members the opportunity to demonstrate their creative natures as they describe their alliance, its allies, and its enemies.
- Players:Main Page is the access point to player pages. If the inclusion of alliance pages weren't enough to add spice to the game, this area would certainly fill the need. Game players are encouraged to create their own player/character page through which they establish the background of their role-play motivations and actions. This area is most entertaining when used to its fullest potential.
- News:Main Page is the portal to news regarding the game, the wiki, and current events which affect both.
- Help:Main Page assists STNE-Wiki site users in navigating and contributing to the site. Its content is largely informational and instructional regarding the actual use of STNE-Wiki. This site therefore includes pure descriptions, advice, suggestions, and "how-to's"; including tutorials, walk-throughs and instruction manuals related to the subject matter.
- STNE-Wiki is intending to become a major access point
- This site is meant to become a primary access point to the world of STNE, collecting and including all important information about it - over the long run.
What STNE-Wiki is not
- STNE-Wiki is not a free host or webspace provider
- This site is not meant to store private, commercial or any other content that is unrelated to the STNE. It is also not meant to be used as a test wiki e.g. to try out formatting (only use our Sandbox, or to create valid XHTML contents for foreign projects.
- You may not host your own website, homepage, blog, or wiki at STNE-Wiki. If you are interested in using the wiki technology for a collaborative effort on something else, even if it is just a single page, there are many other sites that provide wiki hosting (free or for money).
- Of course, users can have their own personal pages, but they are used for information relevant to playing STNE or to working on STNE-Wiki. If you are looking to make a personal webpage that is not related to STNE-Wiki, please make use of one of the many free homepage providers on the Internet or find a suitable blog for yourself. Advertising, especially external links, may be removed from a user's page when there are no relevant user contributions related to STNE-Wiki.
- STNE-Wiki is not a repository of links, images, or media files
- This site is neither a (computing) mirror nor a repository of links, images, or media files. Please upload only files that are useful for STNE-Wiki and provide full information on source and a free license; everything else will be deleted. Read the upload instructions carefully and consider uploading media files to the Wikimedia Commons, where they can be linked from all Wikimedia projects.
- All content added to STNE-Wiki may have to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will. By submitting any content, you agree to release it for free use under the GNU FDL, or if it's stated explicitly, as Public Domain.
- STNE-Wiki is not a vehicle for advertising
- This site is not a vehicle for commercial or marketing promotion, advertising, propaganda or advocacy - other than for STNE itself and its related projects.
- STNE-Wiki is not an indiscriminate collection of information
- This site is not an indiscriminate collection of items of information about whatever. That something is dealing with any wiki or with any software issue in general does not mean it is suitable for inclusion in this site. Please try to stay on the task of creating contents concerning STNE and gameplay related to it.
- STNE-Wiki is not a forum or a chatroom
- Don't (mis)use this site, especially user pages and talk pages, as a forum, bulletin board or chatroom (which is a question of quantity and contents, of course). We have an IRC channel for that.
- See also the recommended communications channels.
The first edit in the English-language STNE-Wiki happened in August 2010. All the content still is and, of course, will be a work in progress.